Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kansas... Crops, windmills, AND hiking trails???

Although we have been in Colorado for several days, I must share the wonderful experience that was our one night in the state of Kansas. I had never been to Kansas and had no expectations other than what I have seen in the Wizard of Oz. However, it seemed Oz, I mean Kansas, had much more to offer. 
After about a 420 mile day, we pulled off at one of the numerous rest stops to take a break. As it turns out at this particular one, they let you camp for one night only, and have these secluded picnic areas along these winding side roads. We found a great place to camp for the night and of course the building had bathrooms complete with hot water. This rest area even had a zig-zaggy hiking trail that I have to say was much steeper than anything I would have thought existed in a place renown for being so flat. It ended at the top at a giant windmill sculpture surrounded by huge cottonwood trees. It was quite lovely. Kansas thank you for a most enjoyable experience. 
The universe always provides exactly what you need at the exact moment you need it. 
In gratitude...

No comments:

Post a Comment