Sunday, August 11, 2013

"Ceremony of Sound"







I was honored to be a part of a "Ceremony of Sounds" in the Macchu Picchu pueblo one afternoon. A local shaman, Hebert Lira, performed a beautiful ceremony using every kind of instrument imaginable. Drums, rattles, bells, flutes, and the most powerful voice you have ever heard. 

It was a healing ceremony and each of us were blessed with Agua de Florida and a special blessing. I was sitting directly in front of Hebert and the sounds were so powerful and loud my entire body was vibrating. I am pretty sure I left the planet yet again!
After the ceremony it was time to board the train back to Ollyantaytambo.  On the train, we were entertained by Inka "clowns" (see photo). If you are one of those people with the very strange phobia of clowns, stay away from these. They are particularly creepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment