Monday, December 29, 2014

Goodbye dear India...

Goodbye dear India.... It is time to move on...
I shall so miss your warm afternoon breezes...
And Yoga on the roof (affectionately known as "the convection oven" in September and October)
Your eternal sunshine... 
And hazy slivers of moon peaking through a cloud of desperation 
Your bright exquisitely mismatched colors ...everywhere....
Your fearless curiosity...
And families of five comfortably riding on a motor scooter to town....
I will most certainly miss your infinite supply of fresh coconuts, cashews, dates, and papaya...
And the deep earthy pigments of spices and herbs that flavor food in a way I will not soon forget...
The aimlessly and ever-present wandering cows rummaging through...piles of garbage??? 
The sea-loving eagles swirling above my head, playing tag with crow and hawk...
Bright blue and green birds straight out of a fairy tale jungle making the strangest sounds you ever heard...
The hoards of wild dogs...protector or snarling beast depending on what side of the road you walk on and the position of the sun....
Thank you,  Thank you, Thank you for all your gifts, lessons learned, the many beautiful new friends, and all the tears of joy and sorrow. 
I have no doubt I shall see you again one fine day... 


I am so happy and grateful I smoothly and easily transition into my next amazing adventure...

      Palolem beach


     Madera's last day in India...




No comments:

Post a Comment