Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I have arrived!

No wonder this trip takes so long. We have been flying in circles!  I know, I know, this doesn't really count as a "photo".  They're coming.  But this ridiculous map was right in front of my face for the last hour or so of the flight. Did we get lost for a little while and need to backtrack? 

The good news? I have arrived safely in New Delhi, India!!!  I found my hotel and I plan on recovering here for a while before venturing out.  Between the weird time changes and being on a different side of the planet, it feels like it took many more days to get here than it did. Many, many more. 

So part of landing in a foreign country, after all the fun immigration and customs lines, is familiarizing yourself with foreign currency. I exchanged only a small amount so I could see the bills, etc.  Rupees are interesting. How can you not like money that has Gandhi on it?  It's not every day you exchange one bill for a wad of bills with "1,000" printed on them. Of course that means you have about $16.... Unless you exchange them in the airport and then you have much less.  Ha. 

Well, that's about all for now, my friends. I hope I have something more interesting to share with you other than how I flew all night and all day (with a few fun curlicues thrown in for good measure) and I (knowingly) donated money to the Thomas cook currency exchange business. But, on the bright side, airplane food is way better when your flying to India than New Jersey! Yay!




The mantra of the day: I am so happy and grateful the Universe guides me, protects me, and goes before me preparing my way.

1 comment:

  1. greetings from back home and congrates on yer safe voyage girl. curiosity bein, at least in me own opinion, 1'a da most sacred dynamics in the dance of energies, i'll be a'followin yer reports on the wanderins of the wild woman dancin n da east. n with gratidude extended to ya for it.

    i read the entry on sugar. 'spect yer on ta somethin major there n good advice given. n, btw, received. but i digressed for the moment. put sugar daddy on da back burner n proceeded to the next. ye-owwe-ee! i thought i knew everything i ever needed ta know bout BS (no not that, the sprout) - which is this: i hate em!! can't even stand ta think bout em. torture i tell ya! pure torture!! for more reasons than 1.

    restin e-z been me primary objective in this life. ta me, dat be freedom! n i neva found meself ta b restin e-z with a BS in me general proximity!! it all started when i was a kid growin up on dat farm back in iowa. momma, with a pride only another mamma like yerself can really understand n appreciate, grew em in our gardens. me? well first off, i had ta weed em. along with everything else a'course. the sin qua non came at the supper table. if i liked somethin, i could acquiesce to the weedin task. if i didn't? well, u get the idea eh? n u've figured out what side of the line BS ended up on.

    pops would say, mix em in n sooner or later you'll learn ta like em. what? wtf?? why ruin a good thing? such was the thought ( 'cept for the 'f' word a'course. things were a whole lot different than today n that didn't come into vocabulary till several years later). n i learned real quick when n when not ta verbalize such contrary thoughts.

    so, c what i mean 'bout more reasons than 1 ta hate BS? thats how it went down. not that i ev-a felt obliged ta to go out n lead an eradicate-the-BS crusade. i's jes fine as long as its me over here n dey somewhere over there on da other side'a dat line. i leave em alone. dey leave me alone. n dat be da end of it. cuz hey.... alls well dat ends well, eh?

    or so me life used ta b. somewhere long da line, all dat changed. long with da alls-well-dat-ends-well fantasy. cuz hey... it don't ev-a end eh? n dats a good thing.... palooka

    ReplyDelete