Monday, July 28, 2014

These martian heads are something to write home about

As I pack up and prepare for my flight to New Delhi tomorrow morning, I found the most interesting things that I have collected along the way. My favorite item today by far was the giant Purple Brussel Sprout Leaf that has been delicately resting alongside other epiphanies and magical tools on my altar. 
This leaf is by far the most beautiful leaf I have ever seen. Ever. 
It's big. Like as big as your hand with the fingers spread apart, and roundish. The most astonishing part is that the midrib and the veins form a perfect and beautiful tree. That. Is. Purple.  PURPLE I tell you!  Yes, a purple tree of life in a giant green leaf. I know, pretty amazing. 
And you know what else? This leaf, of a plant typically known to produce food only from its fruit, is absolutely delicious. And of course ridiculously healthy. What amazing gifts. 

The funniest thing about brussel sprouts, (because let's face it, it's a fairly funny vegetable...I mean really...have you seen how these things grow?)..... is that my mother has always called them "Martian Heads".  Yep. Don't ask. Of course I call them martian heads too.  Don't you want to now as well?

Seriously. Well, as serious as one can get about enchanted vegetables.  It is time to honor the brussel sprout.  I now see how special and unique this strange vegetable is.

As this absolutely stunning leaf dries and withers, I can see clearly now the messages she has as well as her gifts of beauty and abundant nourishment. Day after day she looks more and more like ...well of course...a Martian Head. Thank you mom.  And thank you David Busch for growing this magical being. 

(Now is about the time you want to see a picture right? Dang. Sorry. I don't have one. However... I'm on it. I will have one and I'll put it on here someday and no one else will know what they're looking at but you will. Ha.)
Alright. See ya. 







Mantra of the day: I am so happy and grateful I easily and lovingly see the gift in all that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment