Friday, September 12, 2014

Trekking in the Himalayas...oh yeah, babeeee....


Oh Nepal, you are so wild and crazy!
Your mountains are amazing yet so shy! Monsoon season...with your endless clouds and shifting winds, hide your majestic beauty more times than not. And then, quite literally out of the blue, sparing a peek at your peaks!  Rivers, lakes, lush valleys, infinite stone pathways.. high and low...across the raging river on the creepiest bridge I've ever seen or felt beneath my feet!  ...And a crop of leeches, the likes of which these eyes have never seen. These little vampires searching for blood honestly tormented me a day or two (..or six)!  The paranoia with each step wondering if I was being drained of my life energy somewhere deep in my sock,  kept me on my toes for days. Continually scanning my shoes for these suckers ...menacingly inching up to find their oblivious host... Yikes! I missed one or two and found a blood drenched sock later in the night...

What interesting people I have met along the way...Japan, Malaysia, England, Spain, and Australia seem to be the homes of most the travelers I met. Nary a one from the good ol' U.S. of A.  I was an oddity in more ways than one, I am sure. We spent many evenings comparing leech bites and stories of the places seen along the way. Our guides gathered somewhere off in the kitchen comparing entertaining tales of the touristy-trekkers they effortlessly guided through their home turf. That's okay, laugh at me if you will...I made it back to Pokhara in one piece, much wiser for the journey...much less blood, but in good spirits physically and mentally. 
Thank you dear Rami for an amazing trek in the Himalayas. You are a wonderful guide and I shall never forget this magnificent journey. See you next time ready to tackle Mount Everest!!!...okay, at least the trek to the base camp!
And now for the long adventure back to Kathmandu... Ciao!


I am so happy and grateful I am pure Unconditional Love
Jhinu- Day Two

"Australian Camp" where we spent the last night of the trek





1 comment:

  1. you are indeed walking in beauty and light. thinking of you amidst your ongoing journey. maybe, if it is meant to be, our paths will cross again. your spiritual state of being is a draw to my will polarity and green, nature, elemental self. seek for the" bud of the bud and the root of the root" for this is a journey of the heart, searching for unity and healing growth. Phrase is from an E.E. Cummings poem that has become a mantra of my own personal journey. Namaste, Madeira... from a montana otter who is out of her element in these rolling georgia hills. I ache for my cold ,pristine,elemental waters of my heart home in my big sky country.

    ReplyDelete