Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fun things about Nepal so far...

You know you're in for a treat when you're in a time zone that is ___hours and 15 minutes off from the rest of the world. I mean really. What's up with that?  

Most street vendors sell face masks. In all sorts of pretty colors, even.  Hmmm. I don't even know what to say about that. 

Monsoon means everything it sounds like it does. Mud. oh, and wet shoes....Often. 

What is a sidewalk? Nothing, when motorcycles drive on them. It's like their own personal HOV lane. Watch. Your. Ass. 

Even the bicyclists will run you over. Funny, I always thought of cyclists more on the "pedestrian-friendly" side of things.  Here, their horns are louder than the vehicles. 

Lots of cool hippie clothes for sale. None of the locals wear them. Only tourists are hippies? 

Nepalese don't like veggies as much as the Thai. Damn. However, the veggie momo's are awesome, although I'm not 100% convinced they don't have meat in them....? 
I mean come on...who doesn't love a good mystery dumpling?

Oh yeah...they have gigantic mountains here.  Unfortunately as it turns out, I am completely ill-prepared to climb them on this journey. I'm just gonna stare at them and do some yoga. 

Smile even bigger! The Nepalese are even nicer!!! Seriously. 
And how can you resist when everyone is constantly saying "Namaste" to you??? I love it! 

-Namaste


Mantra of the day: I am so happy and grateful I am always surrounded by beauty. 






No comments:

Post a Comment