Friday, November 28, 2014

Thank you, India! I am so grateful for all your mystery and magic!

Where has the time gone?
Oh India you can be serene after all! I have spent the last two months in what I know has got to be the most tranquil place in this whole entire country.  The ashram where I am living is nestled in a palm tree grove, lined by rice paddies, by a protected sea turtle hatching area in a little cove beach.  There are more people around now than there were when I first arrived, but it's still [fairly] quiet. Tropical birds singing, the sound of the ocean waves, an occasional welcome gentle breeze, as well as the ridiculously loud clown car style horn honking from the regular parade of public buses and barking from any number of the 862 dogs that live within earshot grace our presence with their daily celebrations.  The rains have long ended and left us with warm sunny days...literally surrounded by swaying coconut palms, mostly spent on the covered roof of the ashram.  
This lovely place, a giant building (a giant building painted two shades of pepto-bismal pink mind you...) as well as another couple of equally colorful buildings in the vicinity,  house anywhere  from 30 to 70 students depending on the month eagerly learning the art of Tantra Yoga. We spend most hours of the day practicing, learning, and teaching yoga asanas, pranayamas, bandhas, mantra chanting, learning Sanskrit, pujas (rituals) as well as Vedic philosophy, the art of right living, and of course...eating absolutely amazing vegetarian Indian food. Did I mention... I LOVE MY LIFE!!  What a magical place this truly is. My time here has stirred everything within me and gifted me the realization that all I have ever believed about Consciousness and our place here on earth has led me here and now...to Tantra. I know what you're thinking...what exactly IS Tantra?  Great question..unfortunately you are going to have to wait for the next blog.  Hahahaha. Sorry.  The secret to the Universe is forthcoming!  I promise. So long for now...



I am so happy and grateful I lovingly go with the Flow of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment