Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mountains with Thunder


The scene before my very eyes is too powerful to photograph.  The picture would be flat, without life.
This happening is ALIVE.  It is a moment in time that is unable to be captured.  It is spirit… spontaneity and continuous change….for every moment is full of the arousal of the senses.
This ALIVENESS has the capacity to capture us…change us…  "BE HERE NOW! the mountains and the thunder bellow to me.  Share what we have to offer… Share in our gifts.  Let us MOVE you!"

The thunderheads continue to roll in and the wispy clouds rise up from the valley floor in reverence to the sky.  The blue grey mountains ascend above the layer of clouds.  I see them gently spiraling north in their pattern of rising steadily and then returning to the earth.  The valley before me is a thousand shades of green as Spring's palette is vast and infinite.

I can hear you growing and stretching upward with all the rain that has soaked the bones.  The rain subsides momentarily.... the constant dripping from the newly born leaves fills my ears with an ancient rhythm.  I hear crow calling me off in the distance far, far away.  "I am here! I am here!"

The thunder is almost continuous now with the occasional flash of lightening to make sure we are all paying attention.  The clouds all in a line just below the mountain ridge seem to change direction and now gently float south and rise to new levels.  Many calls from feathered ones surround the place where I sit.

The thunder gets louder.  It shakes the ground mightily with its majestic roar.  A splintering bolt of pure light energy comes hurling out of the billowing mass right in front of me and yells "RIGHT HERE!" This is where… I.. am...."  

Seemingly out of nowhere, the void is filled….the clouds move in and make the air thick.  I can smell them strongly... for these clouds hold every scent in the universe …every flower, every animal, every ray of sunlight, every bit of darkness….
And just like that…there are no mountains, or trees, or birds or anything.  I am in the midst of the clouds, enveloped by elemental energy.  It is nothing but a thousand shades of white and grey, light and dark.
The rains return in a hurry.
It is pure magic.



Affirmation of the day: I am so happy and grateful to feel so connected to the universe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment