Saturday, May 18, 2013

Oh, Spring!


I got to this moment right here.  I couldn't take it any longer.  I flung down my backpack, pulled out my notebook and pen and began a story.  Tears stream down my cheeks as I write the words. The wonder and amazement of it all……It simply feels like magic.  That is exactly what it is and nothing less.
Dwarf Iris
…..

The woods are different now.  In Spring, every day in the woods is completely different from the next…. blooming, unfurling, opening, regenerating, reproducing…
It is absolutely mind boggling.… every moment is ...changing …evolving. from. one. moment. to. the. next….
It happens right before our very eyes.  It is the miracle of life itself.
Spring is the time of our rebirth, too.  It is exactly what we have been waiting for.
These are exciting times.  We must sow our seeds with intention.

In the woods I feel aliveness.  I am aliveness.  I feel the connection to all that is.  I lay completely still on the ground with all the aliveness all around me.
I am the clouds sliding by and the warm sun on my skin…  the gentle breeze blowing my hair around in circles…..the smell of the warm leaves and damp earth…. the rustling of leaves… a cricket and then a squirrel calling back.
This is it!  To be totally alive and KNOW you are a part of this.  You and I.  This is the magic in every moment.
….

Not too long ago, my trail was clear and open…views long and wide.  I now have a deep tunnel of green that embraces me fully…. my arms and legs...caressing me like long lost souls…they call to each other.  And to me.

The Blackberry brambles stretch daintily into my path. Grabbing my sleeves and pant legs… begging me to stay… lulling me into a false safety by their pretty white flowers and sweet scent of honey.
I must move on… see what else has changed since yesterday!
…A new Trillium I have not ever seen in that spot before appeared before my very eyes.  She nods shyly in the wind.  The Ferns are a thick green carpet on either side of me.  The warm sun makes them smell like sweet Hay.
A gentle breeze sends them all…. tall and tiny…into a fit of waving and dancing and laughing...gently calling my name.
Large White Trillium
…..

The shiny wild ginger leaves proudly show their heart to all that pass.   Red maple seedlings litter the ground like tiny flags. Wintergreen and Rattlesnake Weed bravely unfurl themselves upward toward the sky.  Dwarf Iris and Violets rise in a huge congregation…  Jack in the pulpit rises to the occasion.  He accidentally hides under Mayapple's friendly and extraordinary leaves.

The longer I sit here the more I belong here.


Affirmation of the day: I am so happy and grateful that I experience magic in every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment