Saturday, July 27, 2013

Heading to Cusco...





After a very interesting evening in Iquitos, eating Peruvian vegetarian "pizza" we are leaving on the first flight out to the Sacred Valley.   
Once again I am reminded that "city folk" in Peru seem to have an aversion to vegetables. One vegetarian pizza had mushrooms and tomatoes (neither of which are officially vegetables) and the other had a few tomato slices and basil. However, if you are a fan of lots of cheese and white flour, pizza is the dish for you here. 

Iquitos is quite the hustling-bustling little town. The two lane streets are filled with four lanes worth of cars, trucks, and an overwhelming number of "mototaxi's". These are motorcycles that have a 2-3 seat, covered "carriage" on them. They seem efficient enough but apparently there is quite a few accidents involving these "vehicles" due to the fact that other traffic doesn't really acknowledge their presence on the road. 
I have to say, I really really like the jungle. The diversity of flora and fauna alone is mind boggling. The hikes through the jungle have been one of my very favorite experiences. I think I will  come back here...my journey in these woods is far from over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment