Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mud. Mud. Mud.

Ever had a mud bath?  Well, I had never even considered covering myself with gobs of river mud. Until today....

First, we took a boat ride down the Amazon river to find native pink dolphins. We found several pair and they played and dove in and out of the water all around us.  Some of them really were bright pink and others were dark grey. They seemed to really enjoy playing in the water and I was so happy we were able to see them. 

Then we continued on to a small island in the middle of the river. At first when we stepped out of the boat the ground was solid. As I moved closer to the other side I began to sink further and further until literally I was thigh-deep in the smoothest silkiest sloppety-slop mud you could ever imagine. It was a solid dark brown, the color of melted chocolate ice cream, and oozed between your fingers and toes with delightful satisfaction.  Several of us proceeded to strip down to our birthday suits and literally bury ourselves in mud. Seriously. I never thought in a MILLION  years I would find myself completely submerged in slimy mud from the amazon river and yet this has been one of the most exhilarating experiences yet.  And did I mention how smooth my skin feels?  Just like a baby's butt. Uh-huh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment